Last week I wrote about planning the big geocaching adventure for Sandy. It was her very first time ever geocaching but she’d been hearing about it from me all summer long.
I decided that we should head to nearby Willow Lake. I chose Willow Lake for three reasons:
- There was a high concentration of not-too-difficult caches around the lake. I wanted an area where we would have multiple caches to go after so if we couldn’t find some Sandy wouldn’t get discouraged.
- Heritage Park is pretty busy every day of the week. Two women out alone — well I wanted to be someplace where we wouldn’t be isolated.
- It a GORGEOUS area! So I knew that even if caching was a bust there would be plenty of scenery for us to enjoy.
And my bonus reason was that I hadn’t looked for any of the caches there!
We left right after work and of the 7 caches we looked for, we found 6! That’s not too bad for an early evening of caching and especially great for Sandy’s first caching adventure.
By the end of the trip, she was already asking me how much my Garmin cost! Prices have come down quite a bit since I got mine: Garmin Venture HC. That’s a link to Amazon.com
Readers Weigh In:
- What was your first geocaching adventure
- How long did it take before you were hooked?